Image Map

Tuesday 1 April 2014

Craft with a Conscience: The Craftivist Collective

I have always been interested in charity and campaigning for change, and work for a charity now, but as a quiet and shy person activism is something out of my comfort zone. A few years ago I came across a group called the Craftivist Collective, started by Sarah Corbett, who use craft as a form of peaceful activism (craftivism!).

Sarah hanging her 'Encouraging Bunting' (from Flickr)

My 'Mini Protest Banner' about equal marriage placed at Westminster Tube.

Me in front of Westminster- this was before the equal marriage bill was passed! (Not sure I can claim that as my doing.) 

'I'm a Piece' Jigsaw project in support of Save the Children's Race Against Hunger campaign (from Flickr)


My 'piece' on it's own and on the wall at the exhibition in London.

So if you love craft and want to make a change, then get involved! It's a great group of people.

For more information about craftivism, you can visit the website, or even buy Sarah's book 'A Little Book of Craftivism' which has loads of lovely photos and inspiring project ideas, and is only £5.50! (Plus my name is in the back as a crowd funder!)


No comments:

Post a Comment