Image Map

Thursday 3 April 2014

Sewing: Pencil Cases

I had a sewing day at Laura's house because my machine decided it would lose the zipper foot! It was nice to hang out with her and I actually got quite a lot done. This pencil case is my greatest achievement from the day. I also made a coin purse and another pencil case. The other pencil case was very pretty but I made a silly mistake of sewing the fabric too close to the zipper teeth and it kept getting stuck in the zip. We learn from our mistakes! I had to unpick it today but when it's all sewed up again, I'll show you guys. 


I decided I like Laura's sewing machine more than mine because a) It has pink on it and b) It's so simple use...except for that time the bobbin got stuck a few times, and that time when I didn't know how to thread it, and that time when I had a zig zag and wanted a straight stitch. Once Laura fixed those things for me, it was so simple!


The longest part of everything was cutting out the fabric.




But look how pretty it is with everything all done. I've been using this one for myself and I love it. It makes me feel so happy to know that it's something I've made. I have a sewing bug now so I'm going to order a new zipper foot and lots of zips!


Due to the fabric cutting out and pressing taking the longest, I decided to do a lot of it in one go. Much better this way because now I'm just ready to sew. I have enough fabric for 3 more pencil cases and one coin purse. They'll be for sale soon so keep an eye out.











P.S. Here's a picture of Laura doing what she's best at!



No comments:

Post a Comment